Faith Filled Thoughts @ faithitout.com

Welcome to Faith Filled Thoughts. Every day Connie Ciccone will post a thought given to her from our Lord and Savior. Please feel free to leave comments for any post that might have touched you in some way. That is what faithitout.com is all about. Helping each other find the faith needed to make it day to day. This all is possible through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Grassroots sweeping the nation



Faith Filled Thoughts
April 8th 2010
Please share our website with your friends and family
http://www.faithitout.com/blog.html





The Grassroots sweeping the nation
In Prayer

Psalm 50:15
“And call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you will honor me”

There’s a deep wave of grassroots giving back sweeping the country.
A surge of people across all age groups is volunteering like never before.
But giving back doesn’t mean that you don’t get anything in return.
Helping others reach us for a new day rejuvenates us in ways
that another margarita-soaked vacation, more stuff, a fatter resume,
or a supersized house can’t begin to.
We want to feel useful.
We want to find meaning.
We want to feel this alive and on fire with possibility.
Here are some ways serving others can serve you
from finding your true calling to improving your health
to boosting your overall sense of joy.
One of the greatest things any of us can do in life is reach out
and do a good deed for another human being.
Whether it means offering your love and compassion,
or making a charitable donation of time,
energy or money, there are many ways
to bring sunshine into the lives of others.
Prayer can be rich when it's simple and spontaneous.
In fact, we can pray anywhere, at any time.
It doesn't require lofty language in a sacred space.
All we need to do is see our ordinary moments
as the perfect occasions for communicating with God,
then speak from our heart.
A Prayer for Resting in God's Love
Father God, I come into your presence so aware of my human frailty
and yet overwhelmed by your love for me.
I thank you that there is no human experience
that I might walk through where your love cannot reach me.
If I climb the highest mountain you are there
and yet if I find myself in the darkest valley of my life,
you are there.
Teach me today to love you more.
Help me to rest in that love that asks nothing more
than the simple trusting heart of a child.
In Jesus name,
Amen


May He Bless You and Keep You Today!
With Great Love
IN HIS SERVICE
Pastor Connie
Please click below to see something Jesus left for your Spirit!:
Unbelievable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyXx6mjSCwU

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home