Faith Filled Thoughts @ faithitout.com

Welcome to Faith Filled Thoughts. Every day Connie Ciccone will post a thought given to her from our Lord and Savior. Please feel free to leave comments for any post that might have touched you in some way. That is what faithitout.com is all about. Helping each other find the faith needed to make it day to day. This all is possible through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, May 7, 2010

“DON’T BE AFRAID!”





Faith Filled Thoughts
May 7th 2010
Please share our website with your friends and family
http://www.faithitout.com/blog.html








“DON’T BE AFRAID!”

Isaiah 41:10
“So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

One of the most frightening episodes of my life
I think was when I was on call as weekend manager.
This meant that if the alarm went off in the office building,
I was responsible to show up and meet with the alarm company.
As the alarm set off my telephone rang from the security company,
and I had to get up and dress to meet them at the office with the code.
As I waited in the parking lot for the officer, all kind of thoughts rushed through my head.
Who set it off?
Are they still in there?
Etc, etc.

When the officer arrived he needed entry to the building,
so I had to go with him and press the code number to open the door.
He told me to stay back in the foyer which I did.
Low and behold around the corner came his police dog which I did not see at all
when he came to the door with me, so I froze.
Isn’t it funny how fear can come at us so quickly
that we are not even aware of what’s around us?

As I waited for the officer with the dog looking and growling at me
the officer said stand still full of force with a loud voice.
That’s when I thought well I just swallowed my heart.,
I realized just how quickly we face life and death situations in our life.
Although everything was fine I still to this day remember that incident vividly.
That’s why each day is so precious to us,
however we cannot allow it to paralyze us and steal our Joy.

Facing the reality of our temporary existence makes us realize that we have a choice.
We can live our life in fear and panic
or in trusting the Lord to protect us in all situations.
I choose to place my trust in the God
who is the Blessed Controller of All Things!
Praise the Lord!




May He Bless You and Keep You Today!
With Great Love
IN HIS SERVICE
Pastor Connie
Please click below to see something Jesus left for your Spirit!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMy_oSeK5JE&feature=related

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home